Recipe by Berliner Goere
This is the big brother of Hermann, the sweetie. Siegfried starts out the same as Hermann, however the feeding is different and is what turns this into bread dough instead of cake dough. Check out part 2 SIEGFRIED – The Feeding and Care for instructions on how to raise your Siegfried baby. Oh, and don’t forget to check out his little brother Hermann! He is in charge of the cakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄8 ounce dry yeast (1/2 envelope)
- 1 cup water, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Warning! Never use metal!
- Mix flour, sugar and dry yeast in a plastic or glass bowl with a wooden spoon. Stir in the water and keep stirring until the batter is smooth.
- Cover bowl tightly and let rest at room temperature for 2 days stirring once a day.
- Set into refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove from fridge and proceed as if Hermann was gifted to you.
- For further instructions see my SIEGFRIED – The Feeding and Care 1. Day.