Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I named this recipe after my mother in law (who is 90 years old) and father in law's street that they grew up on. Their mothers made these beans and they are my husbands family favorites - not many holidays go by without someone making this recipe! This recipe is usually tripled for a family event! A German influence for sure!
- 1 strip bacon
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- Saute bacon and onion together.
- Crumble bacon and return to pan.
- Add vinegar and sugar and bring to boil.
- Dissolve flour in water and add to sauce and cook until thick.
- Add beans and heat through.
Thanks for a great recipe! I made this for Easter this year and I had requests for the recipe. They were very good and a different way to make green beans. My sister who doesn't like green beans wanted the recipe. Thanks again this is a keeper.