Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
German cheese soup. It takes between 20-30 minutes to prepare. This recipe orginally came from the Hotel Kaisergarten in Siegen, Germany. I got it through a recipe exchange the contributor was Barb Parker.
- Lightly sauté onions in the butter until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with flour.
- Heat the beef stock and slowly pour it over the onions, stirring constantly.
- In a separate pan, melt grated cheese over low heat.
- Remove from the flame and mix in the egg yolks.
- Combine the cheese with the onions and beef stock, season lightly with salt and pepper and add the nutmeg.
- Serve; garnish each serving with a tablespoon of sour cream.