Prep 48 hrs
Cook 0 mins
you will need toilet tissue tubes cut into short sections for this...I also save margarine tubs...and you will also need duct tape or masking tape. plaster of paris..tempera paint, powdered or liquid works equally well...I save large margarine tubs to mixing containers..cottage cheese containers work as well...recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups plaster of paris..thanks so calling it to my attention...sorry to not include how much..of course, I could not get plaster of paris in the ingredients section..!! lol...
- Prepare your chalk molds by covering one end of each tissue tube with duct tape or masking tape.set aside.
- pour the warm water into your mixing container -- then sprinkle the plaster of paris powder into the water a bit at a time until it no longer dissolves.(about 1 1/2 cups) -- stir thoroughly.
- until the mixture is as thick as pudding.
- add tempera paint to the plaster mixture and stir until blended.
- pour the colored plaster into the tissue tubes.
- gently tap the side of each tube to get rid of air bubbles.
- let dry for one or two days.
- peel off the mold and chalk up a masterpiece.