Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
An old fashioned refreshing cocktail that packs a punch. From Ina Garten
- fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml cognac or 236.59 ml good brandy
- 118.29 ml triple sec or 118.29 ml Cointreau liqueur
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- maraschino cherries or lemon peel, to garnish
- If you want to frost the glasses, dip the rim or 4 martini glasses in a shallow plate of lemon juice and then in the sugar. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Combine the Cognac, Triple Sec, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Pour some into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and pour into the glasses. Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel.
This is my husbands and my favorite cocktail. This is the same recipe we follow, and we have always made ours with cognac with great results. I would definately reccomend this to anyone.
Wow. This certainly does pack a punch. I reduced this down to one serving but otherwise followed the recipe exactly as written including frosting the glass. I loved the sweet/lemony flavor. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.