Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is bacon that is not cured. Ask your butcher or market to slice some for you. Do not use Salt Pork.This is a quick meal, especially if you have side pork cooked and frozen. I add whatever vegetables I have on hand.Cooked diced chicken,turkey or pork can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices side pork, cooked & diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, any kind
- cayenne or chopped hot pepper, if you want a kick
- Pam cooking spray, for spraying tray
- 1Fry side pork medium heat.Drain.
- 2Cut into diced pieces.
- 3Place in a large bowl. Add salt, bread crumbs, italian seasoning celery, peppers, and carrots or a vegetable melody of your choice. Corn does not do too well.
- 4In medium microwave bowl, add margerine and microwave a few seconds to melt, add milk and beaten egg.
- 5Pour into dressing mixture. Mix.
- 6Form hand size patties. Spray Pam or grease baking tray.Place patties on tray.
- 7I make 8 patties.
- 8Preheat oven 350*.
- 9Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10Serve with white cream sauce or white gravy.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Side Pork Dressing Patties Oven Style
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 52.9 mg
- Sodium 1136.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: