Recipe by Montana Heart Song
This is bacon that is not cured. Ask your butcher or market to slice some for you. Do not use Salt Pork.This is a quick meal, especially if you have side pork cooked and frozen. I add whatever vegetables I have on hand.Cooked diced chicken,turkey or pork can be used.
- 8 slices side pork, cooked & diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, any kind
- cayenne or chopped hot pepper, if you want a kick
- Pam cooking spray, for spraying tray
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry side pork medium heat.Drain.
- Cut into diced pieces.
- Place in a large bowl. Add salt, bread crumbs, italian seasoning celery, peppers, and carrots or a vegetable melody of your choice. Corn does not do too well.
- In medium microwave bowl, add margerine and microwave a few seconds to melt, add milk and beaten egg.
- Pour into dressing mixture. Mix.
- Form hand size patties. Spray Pam or grease baking tray.Place patties on tray.
- I make 8 patties.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with white cream sauce or white gravy.