Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is bacon that is not cured. Ask your butcher or market to slice some for you. Do not use Salt Pork.This is a quick meal, especially if you have side pork cooked and frozen. I add whatever vegetables I have on hand.Cooked diced chicken,turkey or pork can be used.
- 8 slices side pork, cooked & diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced bell pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, any kind
- cayenne or chopped hot pepper, if you want a kick
- Pam cooking spray, for spraying tray
- Fry side pork medium heat.Drain.
- Cut into diced pieces.
- Place in a large bowl. Add salt, bread crumbs, italian seasoning celery, peppers, and carrots or a vegetable melody of your choice. Corn does not do too well.
- In medium microwave bowl, add margerine and microwave a few seconds to melt, add milk and beaten egg.
- Pour into dressing mixture. Mix.
- Form hand size patties. Spray Pam or grease baking tray.Place patties on tray.
- I make 8 patties.
- Preheat oven 350*.
- Cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with white cream sauce or white gravy.