Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Involtini di Vitello alla Siciliana Courtesy of www.cookiesfromitaly.com
- 4 veal cutlets
- 5 ounces grated pecorino siciliano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces grated breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper
- Flatten the veal cutlets with a meat mallet and marinate them in the vinegar with the lemon zest and a few grains of black pepper.
- Chop the garlic and parsley. Mix with the grated Pecorino Siciliano in a soup bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Remove the slices of veal from the marinade and dry them with paper towels.
- Dip them in the egg, then in the spiced Pecorino Siciliano cheese, on one side only.
- Roll the slices with the cheese on the inside and pin the edges with a tooth pick.
- Dip the roulades in the egg again, and then cover in the breadcrumbs.
- In a deep pan fry the roulades in abundant oil, turning them frequently.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
- That's it!