Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Really lovely tomato sauce you can have hot or cold. Good with fish or a meat of your choice.
Make and share this Sicilian Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 ml tomato passata or 400 ml canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 -3 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped, to taste
- 5 pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic sweat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Add the passata or chopped tomatoes, anchovies, olives, capers and plenty of black pepper, bring to the boil, then lower the heat right down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- May be served with fish, chicken or cold meats.
- Serve hot or cold.
I made this to go with Grilled Salmon Grilled Salmon With Sicilian Tomato Sauce. I used a tin of chopped tomatoes. It was simple and tasty - truly delightful. Will make again and look forward to trying it on pasta.