Recipe by e_lizard_owen
This is the first OAMC meal that I attempted. I don't remember where I got the recipe from but it remains one of my favorites. It's simple and delicious.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 15 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
on serving day
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package.
- Mix cream cheese and milk in medium bowl and microwave on medium for 2-3 minutes. After microwaving, stir with wire whisk until blended.
- Drain noodles and add to cream cheese mixture. Stir in sour cream, green pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Mix together meat and cream cheese mixture in 2 qt casserole dish or freezer bag and freeze up to 3 months.
- To serve, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until hot. Uncover, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 5-10 more minutes.