Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 6 (7 ounce) swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pitted and chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Sprinkle both sides of each swordfish steak with salt and pepper.
- Spread flour on a large plate; dip steaks in flour, covering both sides, and shake off excess.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over high heat.
- Add swordfish and sauté 3 minutes per side, until golden.
- Add wine, lemon juice and water; reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer swordfish 3 minutes, basting steaks occasionally with sauce, until cooked through.
- Transfer swordfish to a platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add 1/2 cup diced tomato, olives, parsley, capers and oregano to sauce in skillet; bring to a simmer.
- Top swordfish with sauce and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup tomato.