Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you love anchovies and spaghetti, then you will enjoy this. It's quick easy and full of flavor!
- 1 lb uncooked spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (optional or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper
- salt (optional)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- Bring a large pot of boiling salted water to a boil; add in spaghetti and cook for about 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a medium skillet heat oil over medium heat add in the garlic, chili flakes (if using) and anchovies; cook for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Stir in breadcrumbs and turn off heat.
- Add in parsley and black pepper; mix together.
- Toss anchovy sauce with hot pasta and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
I have made a similar recipe before, so when I seen this, I had to make it. I just want to tell people - don't be afraid of anchovies! They literaly melt as they cook. Leaving a nutty taste behind. Nothing fishy about it to me. I used only 1 tsp red pepper flakes, and for me that is just perfect. This is a quick and easy recipe to do. Thanks Kittencal for posting this!