Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 5 pork sausage casings (5 feet medium 2)
- 4 1⁄2 lbs lean pork butt, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb pork fat, cubed
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- red pepper, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anise seed (optional)
- Grind meat and fat together through a coarse disk.
- Place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients to meat and mix well to combine.
- Stuff mixture into casings and twist off into 3 - 4 inch links.
- Refrigerate and use within 3 days or freeze.