Recipe by Bayhill
This pizza dough is so easy because your bread machine does all of the hard work. Preparation time is approximate as dough cycle times vary with different bread machines.
Top Review by RonaNZ
I'm sure this would make great pizza. I had a bit of a disaster in the kitchen - my kitchen was too cold and the dough didn't rise, not even in the breadmaker. By the time I realised that it was too cold, it was dinner time so I made something else. I didn't want to waste the dough so I added another teaspoon of yeast and put the breadmaker on again - and the heating! Success this time. I made rolls out of the dough and they were delicious! Made for ZWT4.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (90 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened and cut into pieces
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed or as suggested by manufacturer. Set the bread machine to the "dough" setting.
- After dough cycle is complete, remove dough from the bread machine and place it on a lightly floured cutting board (dough will be very sticky). Cover with a piece of saran wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and form crust on baking sheets, pizza pans, or pizza stone. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings. For thick crust pizza, allow dough to rise for 10 minutes before adding sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.