Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This pizza dough is so easy because your bread machine does all of the hard work. Preparation time is approximate as dough cycle times vary with different bread machines.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (90 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened and cut into pieces
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients into the bread machine in the order listed or as suggested by manufacturer. Set the bread machine to the "dough" setting.
- After dough cycle is complete, remove dough from the bread machine and place it on a lightly floured cutting board (dough will be very sticky). Cover with a piece of saran wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and form crust on baking sheets, pizza pans, or pizza stone. Top with your favorite sauce, cheese and toppings. For thick crust pizza, allow dough to rise for 10 minutes before adding sauce and toppings.
- Bake at 425 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes.
I'm sure this would make great pizza. I had a bit of a disaster in the kitchen - my kitchen was too cold and the dough didn't rise, not even in the breadmaker. By the time I realised that it was too cold, it was dinner time so I made something else. I didn't want to waste the dough so I added another teaspoon of yeast and put the breadmaker on again - and the heating! Success this time. I made rolls out of the dough and they were delicious! Made for ZWT4.
This makes an awesome pizza crust. The dough was a little hard for me to work with because it was so sticky. However, I sprayed my hands with olive oil and it made it much easier. The dough was also a little difficult to stretch to my pan shape, but it finally did. I put tiny holes in the bottom with a fork, then I pre-baked it for 10 minutes at 425 before adding my sauce and toppings. Cooked the final pizza about 18 minutes and it came out perfect. The texture of the crust was exactly what I wanted. Crisp but not hard. Thanks Bayhill. Made for my last PAC Fall 07 recipe.
Great pizza dough and of course, so easy to make with my bread machine. Just added the ingredients and pressed dough cycle and I had a perfect pizza dough. Will keep this recipe handy as we love to make homemade pizzas.