Recipe by Brookelynne26
From The Italian Slow Cooker. Remove the skin from the chicken before placing in the slow cooker.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken pieces (legs, thighs, and breasts)
- salt and black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, garlic, and oregano. Add 3/4 cup of the orange juice. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until the chicken is tender.
- Remove the chicken to a serving platter. Cover and keep warm. Pour the chicken juices into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining juice and cornstarch until smooth. Add to the saucepan and cook, stirring, until smooth and thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in zest. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.