Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
One word—YUMMY. (If you happen to live in Louisiana, try this on new Orleans Po boy French bread instead of regular French bread
- 6 medium sized cube steaks
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 small French bread, sliced in half lenghwise
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into quaters
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté steaks in margarine until done; reserve dripping for gravy. Sprinkle small amount of flour into pan with dripping; cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- In another pan, sauté green pepper in salad dressing for 5 minutes; add onion and tomatoes and cook 5 minutes more, or until tender.
- Cover each bread half with a steak. Spoon on vegetables and gravy and top with cheese. Broil until the cheese melts.