Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this while going through a bag of old recipes. The recipe didn't specify the size round steak, but I used a 1 lb steak and had extra breading, so I'd guess about 1 3/4-2lb would work with the bread crumb mix. The round steak came out nice and tender.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons crushed parsley
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1 round steak
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- Blend bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, parsley and seasoning in medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cut round steak into individual serving size pieces, set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate shallow bowl.
- Grease or oil a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Dip pieces into egg and then dredge in crumb mixture and lay in pan (do not overlap pieces).
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lay tomato slices over breaded steak.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for one hour at 325.
- Pull foil off and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
This had a really nice flavor. My steaks turned out nice and tender too. Thanks!