1/2 Photos of Sicilian Spinach Saute
From the Bon Appetit Cookbook. The flavors of the currants, garlic and capers are a wonderful combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine spinach and 1/4 cup water in heavy large pot over high heat.
- 2Toss until spinach wilts but is still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- 3Transfer spinach to colander; press to release excess liquid.
- 4Wipe pot dry.
- 5Heat oil in same pot over medium heat.
- 6Add garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 7Add currants and capers and stir 1 minute. Mix in spinach, then cheese and toss until heated through, about 1 minute.
- 8Season spinach to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Spinach Saute
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 433.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g