Recipe by iris5555
From the Bon Appetit Cookbook. The flavors of the currants, garlic and capers are a wonderful combination.
Top Review by mickie49
What a delightfully different way to serve spinach! Didn't have any currants, so I used golden raisins--seemed to work just fine! Loved the capers and romano cheese--two family favorites! Thanks so much for sharing this, we'll be having this again often!
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesready-to-use spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine spinach and 1/4 cup water in heavy large pot over high heat.
- Toss until spinach wilts but is still bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer spinach to colander; press to release excess liquid.
- Wipe pot dry.
- Heat oil in same pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add currants and capers and stir 1 minute. Mix in spinach, then cheese and toss until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season spinach to taste with salt and pepper and serve.