Recipe by plove53
I got this recipe from watching my great-grandmother cooking. She was from Sicily and that's why I dubbed this Sicily Spinach Pie.
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 fresh pizza dough (or store bought)
- 6 -10 slices genoa salami (sliced thin)
- 6 -10 slices white processed cheese
- 6 -10 fresh Greek olives
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 425’ Use a pizza stone if you have one.
- Wash and Clean and Dry Spinach ·Roll out dough to (in form of a round pizza) ·Spread cheese all around center dough ·Spread Genoa Salami all around center dough ·Place Spinach in center of dough ·Take pits out of Olives and place throughout spinach ·Add Salt and Pepper to taste ·Sprinkle with a little Olive Oil Fold the ends of the dough to center (to tuck in spinach).
- Turn on to pizza pan/ stone.
- Poke a few air vents on top of pie.
- Let cook for around 25-30 minutes (turning it once).
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice and eat.