1/2 Photos of Sicilian Spaghetti Sauce (Ragu) No Sugar Added
1 hr 30 mins
Merle 1's Note:
This a terrific recipe with no added sugar because tomatoes contain sufficient sugar to make it naturally sweet. We'll put this on pasta not pancakes! It comes from the Sicilian Culture website. Try it and you will see. I also sub 1 lb cooked chicken (if using cooked chicken, cook sauce for complete time and add chicken just prior to serving), or 1 lb Italian hot sausage for the ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the olive oil.
- 2chop cloves of garlic and add to the oil.
- 3sautee and add the onions until they are clear or translucent
- 4Try not to burn the garlic, as it will become bitter.
- 5Combine the meat and fry the meat, breaking it apart until it is browned and cooked.
- 6Add all to the sauce and continue to simmer for 40 minutes or more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Spaghetti Sauce (Ragu) No Sugar Added
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 840.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 24.8 g