Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple, yet elegant meal that takes no time at all!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candel monte Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- Flatten chicken slightly.
- Coat with 4 tbsp cheese and then flour, with salt and pepper to taste.
- In skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until done.
- Remove to serving dish; keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms, onion and rosemary until soft.
- Add tomatoes; cook, uncovered over medium-high heat until thickened.
- Spoon sauce over chicken, then top with remaining cheese.
- Serve over pasta.
This was fantastic! I did modify the recipe a little (doesn't everyone?). I added Hungarian Paprika to the flour (1 tbsp), and used Portabella mushrooms. This is a definite do-again! Thanks for sharing.
This was pretty good .. I added a little mozzarella cheese on top and cooked until it melted