Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Melty and tangy
- 4 -6 marinated artichoke hearts, sliced
- 4 slices country bread
- 12 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers in brine, drained
- 1 teaspoon crumbed dried oregano
- black pepper
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler; arrange artichokes on the bread slices and place on a baking sheet; top with cheese.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over med-high heat; add in the garlic and lightly brown.
- Add in the red wine vinegar, capers, oregano, and black pepper; cook 1-2 minutes or until the liquid reduces to about 2 teaspoons; stir in the parsley.
- Spoon mixture over the cheese-topped bread.
- Broil until the cheese melts, bubbles, and turns golden in spots.
- Eat immediately.