Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I got this recipe from the CopyKat website. It purports to be from The Olive Garden restaurant. I cannot attest to that fact, but I can attest to it being a deliciously creamy/cheesy/lemony-tart dish. I did change the cooking procedure a bit and added just a little bit of additional seasonings. You can serve it over toasted garlic bread slices or pasta. The cheese does need to be finely grated so I used the smallest hole on my box grater to grate the Asiago and I ran the grated Mozzarella through my food processor. A co-worker even suggested serving it over baked or broiled fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium size)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 4 tablespoons green onions, diced
- cooked pasta or toasted garlic bread
- 1Combine flour and water in small bowl stirring to make a smooth paste then set aside.
- 2In heavy saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- 3Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- 4Add shrimp and saute for 4 minutes.
- 5Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 6Add lemon juice and white wine to saute pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 7Add flour mixture very slowly to wine and lemon juice whisking constantly to incorporate.
- 8Whisk until smooth and simmer for 2 minutes until thickened.
- 9Pour heavy cream slowly into saute pan again whisking constantly to incorporate.
- 10Add cheeses and remaining seasonings stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- 11Add shrimp and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 12Serve over pasta or garlic bread and garnish with diced tomatoes and green onions.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.5
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 313.4 mg
- Sodium 516.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: