Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the CopyKat website. It purports to be from The Olive Garden restaurant. I cannot attest to that fact, but I can attest to it being a deliciously creamy/cheesy/lemony-tart dish. I did change the cooking procedure a bit and added just a little bit of additional seasonings. You can serve it over toasted garlic bread slices or pasta. The cheese does need to be finely grated so I used the smallest hole on my box grater to grate the Asiago and I ran the grated Mozzarella through my food processor. A co-worker even suggested serving it over baked or broiled fish.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (medium size)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely minced
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 4 tablespoons green onions, diced
- cooked pasta or toasted garlic bread
- Combine flour and water in small bowl stirring to make a smooth paste then set aside.
- In heavy saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute for 4 minutes.
- Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add lemon juice and white wine to saute pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add flour mixture very slowly to wine and lemon juice whisking constantly to incorporate.
- Whisk until smooth and simmer for 2 minutes until thickened.
- Pour heavy cream slowly into saute pan again whisking constantly to incorporate.
- Add cheeses and remaining seasonings stirring until cheese is completely melted.
- Add shrimp and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or garlic bread and garnish with diced tomatoes and green onions.