Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sauted shrimp in a garlic/onion butter and white wine sauce, poured over crunchy bread with olives, green onions and tomatoes to garnish. Who wouldn't like it? It's my brother's favorite item at the Olive Garden, I've never had it but fooling around in the kitchen he said it was very close to the actual thing. I like it, so yay me! I guess this clarifies as a copycat. I plan this as the main dish of a meal, but it normally is an appetizer.
- 35 slice ciabatta or 35 slice baguette (1 loaf)
- 453.59 g large shrimp, shelled,deveined and uncooked (31-40 per pound or larger)
- 177.44 ml butter
- 4 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 158.51 ml white wine
- 15-20 black olives, sliced
- 1-2 roma tomato, diced
- Cut the loaf of bread on an angle, half an inch thick, at least 35 slices.
- Arrange 5 slices on serving plates so they face in like flower petals.
- (You can toast the slices if you like) Heat the butter in a large skillet until it's bubbling lightly.
- Add the garlic and the WHITE of the onions and cook for a minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until it's just done.
- Place a piece of shrimp on the bread closest to the center of the circle, any extra I put in the space left in the center.
- Add the wine and olives to the remaining garlic butter in the skillet and cook until it's lightly boiling.
- About 2 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the shrimp and bread.
- Garnish with the tomatoes and the GREEN of the green onions.
- Serve with napkins and eat with your fingers.
Loved it! I've made this twice and made no changes. In your recipe you gave a choice of toasted or untoasted. I like it slightly toasted at 350 for about 5 minutes. Again great recipe.
So Good! I order this every time I go to Olive Garden, the only thing is that the sauce could be thicker... maybe add a little flour or cornstarch? Yumm
Never eaten at Olive Garden, just saw the recipe and thought -why not?! I make a pasta very similar to this, but eating it just with the bread was genious! Couldn't eat enough, ok -ate tooooo much! Thanks anyway! Oh, added some fresh julienne roma tomato at the end -yumm