Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
NOTE- optional -ADD 1-tsp red pepper flakes, more if you like it hot
- 3 lbs pork
- 1 lb beef
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sweet fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces red wine
- Chop meat into bite sized pieces.
- In a bowl mix the seasonings.
- Sprinkle seasonings over the meat.
- Pour the wine into the mixture. Let sit in the.
- refrigerator over night.
- The next day, coarsely grind the meat. Stuff into casings or make patties.
- *Great with Italian rolls and lots of red wine.