Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is to die for, cold and refreshing! My kids love eating this as their main coarse! I make a huge batch and give it away as a present.
- 1 gallon mayonnaise, no substitute
- 1 cup Dijon mustard, best quality
- 1⁄2-1 cup garlic, minced (i like it garlicky)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fine salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- boiled chopped cooked chicken
- mango, cubed
- toasted crouton
- tomato, seeded and diced
- toasted pine nuts, halved
- romaine lettuce
- In a very big bowl, combine everything, I use a hand emulsion blender to blend thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour.
- In an empty salad bowl, dump 1/4 cup of cold dressing and toss in torn cold romaine lettuce.
- Put on individual salad bowls.
- Top with diced tomatoes and chopped chicken.
- Scatter grapes and mangoes on top.
- Garnish with croutons and pine nuts.
I scaled this way down using 1 cup mayonnaise ratio. I did add just a little honey to sweeten it up just a touch. I enjoyed this over romaine lettuce. Thanks! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet soup game.