gabby girl's Note:
This salad is to die for, cold and refreshing! My kids love eating this as their main coarse! I make a huge batch and give it away as a present.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 gallon mayonnaise, no substitute
- 1 cup Dijon mustard, best quality
- 1/2-1 cup garlic, minced (i like it garlicky)
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fine salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1In a very big bowl, combine everything, I use a hand emulsion blender to blend thoroughly. Chill for 1 hour.
- 2In an empty salad bowl, dump 1/4 cup of cold dressing and toss in torn cold romaine lettuce.
- 3Put on individual salad bowls.
- 4Top with diced tomatoes and chopped chicken.
- 5Scatter grapes and mangoes on top.
- 6Garnish with croutons and pine nuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 614.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.6 g