Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad I found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT 7- Italy
- 1 -2 peeled garlic clove, cut into slivers
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed, dried, torn into bite-size pieces, and chilled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 -6 flat anchovy fillets, drained and minced
- Put garlic slivers and oil in a salad bowl; leave 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, remove and discard garlic.
- Add romaine; toss lightly.
- Add lemon juice, croutons, basil or oregano, salt and pepper; toss.
- Mix in tomatoes, cheese, and anchovies; toss.
Great Salad!! So simple and is full of great flavors. Thanks for sharing. Made for Football Pool Superbowl 2012 win.
Wonderful! The dressing is so simple, just the right garlic taste. Loved the saltiness of the anchovies. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT.
A shining star! Just never look directly into her sun. Made for ZWT7.