Recipe by English_Rose
Pork medaliions, mushrooms and red pepper served in a creamy wine and garlic sauce. Serve with rice or potatoes and veggies.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb pork fillet, cut into medallions
- 6 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 7⁄8 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube, dissolved in
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, blended with
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the meat until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and red pepper and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the wine, stock, basil and garlic granules. Simmer gently, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the cream and cornstarch paste and stir until thickened.