Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in an online search and posted in response to a request, I've not tried this recipe yet. Prep/cooking times and serving sizes are a complete guess!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled with added puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, basil and oregano; cook until onion softens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer; cook until sauce is of desired thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: Sauce can be prepared ahead. Cover and refrigerate 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
Missing something!My wife thinks it needs a good dose of fennel.
Great sauce! Better than anything out of a jar. I used a whole can of tomato paste to make it thicker. Good for dipping or for pizza.
This was wonderful!! I only made one pizza so I froze the rest for later. I will be making this again, my husband & I really enjoyed it!