Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Found in an online search and posted in response to a request, I've not tried this recipe... so prep/cooking times and serving are complete guesses!.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- Place all ingredients into breadmaker in the order listed.
- Allow breadmaker to knead and let rise slightly before removing, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- ***Don't forget to remove the dough before the bake cycle starts.***.
- Remove the dough and place it on a lightly floured cutting board and cover with a clean moist towel to rise an additional 30 minutes or so before forming on the pizza tray.
- NOTES: Noble Roman's Sicilian Pizza Baking Tips (from someone who used to work at Noble Roman's).
- To really bring out the flavor of the Noble Roman's Sicilian Pizza you should prepare a cake pan as follows:.
- Warning: Make sure you keep good airflow through the kitchen & turn on the overhead fan as this will smoke like the Dickens. The pan should be retained only for this use.
- Paint the inside of the cake pan with a thin coat of virgin olive oil.
- Bake the pan at 450 degrees until the oil has varnished the pan. Additional coats may be necessary. Before placing your dough in the pan paint it again with virgin olive oil.
- Place the dough in the pan and let the dough rise once.
- After the dough has risen, push the dough down working it to the pan edges.
- The cheeses used are 2/3 mozzarella and 1/3 muenster plus a dash of oregano.
- Put the cheese directly onto the dough. Add desired toppings. Then ladle the sauce in dots on the top ensuring the sauce does not contact the edges of the pan (or it will burn). The olive oil is what really lends the unique flavor.
- Noble Roman's bakes them for 15-20 minutes at 500 degrees or until the cheese is golden.
- At 450 degrees bake you may have to add 5-10 minutes.
Hands down one the best pizza dough recipe I've found! I use my well-seasoned black cast iron skillet to bake this. Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Very easy to make.Used kitchen aid mixer for 5min. then put dough in glass bowl for 20 min.
This has been my go to pizza dough lately! Made it several times and I love it, thanks!