Prep 1 hr 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 6 ounces lean ground chicken
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup seeded and chopped plum tomato
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Combine yeast and 1/4 cup warm water into a 1 cup liquid measuring cup; add sugar and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add oil.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add yeast mixture, 2 cups flour, whole wheat flour and 14/ teaspoon salt.
- Process 30 seconds, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Pour 3/4 cup lukewarm water through food chute with processor running. Process until blended and dough is soft.
- Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over work surface.
- Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead lightly 4 or 5 minutes; roll into a 15x10-inch rectangle.
- Place dough onto a 15x10x1-inch jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place free from drafts, 30 minutes or until doubled in bullk.
- Coat dough with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken, fennel seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring contstantly, until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle tomato evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly over tomato.
- Arrange mushrooms over chicken mixture; sprinkle oregano and cheeses evenly over pizza.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
used the dough portion of this recipe. Added about 1/4 cup water. Was wonderful. Maded stromboli (tonkcats). thankyou.