Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy to made chicken and pasta. The recipe comes from a label on a can of Butterball chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes seasoned with basil garlic & oregano
- 2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat; Brown chicken; add peppers and onions and saute until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 10 minutes or until pasta is tender; stirring occasionally, Serve.
Good but bland.
This was delicious on a cold evening! I used fresh tomatoes seasoned with pepper, basil, garlic, and oregano instead of canned. This was gone in no time! Thanks!
Love one pan to wash meals. My can of tomatoes were not seasoned so I sauteed some garlic with the chicken and added some chopped fresh basil with the tomatoes. Also lightly salted and peppered the chicken. Excellent easy dish, Barb. Thanks for posting.