These meatballs are made with Italian pork sausage that is removed from the casings. Yield is only estimated depending on the size of the meatballs. Don't leave out the toasted pine nuts and currants! Take the time for purchase the ingredients to make these. I suggest to double the ingredients, these are so good! Use only small currants for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted (1/4 cup is measured after chopping)
- 2 -3 tablespoons currants (or to taste)
- 1In a medium bowl mix together the bread crumbs and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2Mix in the Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, parsley, egg, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add in sausage meat, pine nuts and currants; mix with clean hands, and shape in small meatballs.
- 4Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- 5Add to sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (796 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 25.3 mg
- Sodium 331.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g