Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These meatballs are made with Italian pork sausage that is removed from the casings. Yield is only estimated depending on the size of the meatballs. Don't leave out the toasted pine nuts and currants! Take the time for purchase the ingredients to make these. I suggest to double the ingredients, these are so good! Use only small currants for this.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted (1/4 cup is measured after chopping)
- 2 -3 tablespoons currants (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix together the bread crumbs and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese, onion, egg, parsley, egg, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add in sausage meat, pine nuts and currants; mix with clean hands, and shape in small meatballs.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Add to sauce.