1/2 Photos of Sicilian Meat Roll - Light Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a lightened version of a meatloaf called a Sicilian Meat Roll. It is topped with cheese instead of sauce, but is very well seasoned. My family loves this version but I misplaced my recipe so we haven't had it for awhile. Thought I better post it on here for safe keeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, ketchup, Italian seasoning, garlic, seasoned salt, and parsley, mixing well.
- 2Process bread into crumbs; add to mixture.
- 3Crumble sirloin over mixture; combine completely.
- 4On a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, press meat into a rectangle.
- 5Evenly place ham over meat to within 1 inch of edge.
- 6Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over ham.
- 7Roll jellyroll style, removing foil as you roll.
- 8Seal all edges completely.
- 9Bake, uncovered, seam side down at 350°F for 1 hour.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella.
- 11Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Meat Roll - Light Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 114.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lowfat mozzarella cheese