Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is a lightened version of a meatloaf called a Sicilian Meat Roll. It is topped with cheese instead of sauce, but is very well seasoned. My family loves this version but I misplaced my recipe so we haven't had it for awhile. Thought I better post it on here for safe keeping!
- In a large bowl, combine the egg substitute, ketchup, Italian seasoning, garlic, seasoned salt, and parsley, mixing well.
- Process bread into crumbs; add to mixture.
- Crumble sirloin over mixture; combine completely.
- On a piece of heavy duty aluminum foil, press meat into a rectangle.
- Evenly place ham over meat to within 1 inch of edge.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella over ham.
- Roll jellyroll style, removing foil as you roll.
- Seal all edges completely.
- Bake, uncovered, seam side down at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pure heaven!!!!!!!!!!!! I did totally cheat on the "low-fat" idea, though! I used a real egg, regular mozzarella and proscuitto instead of ham! And it was TO DIE FOR!!! :) :) We LOVED this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!!!!! :) :)
this was quite good, I used 1 egg in place of the egg substitute, also I increased the seasonings and garlic amounts and added in 2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes for heat, we enjoyed this very much thanks for sharing hon! (made for the Camera-less Chef game)
This was really good. We loved the flavor and I loved the ease of this recipe. It made a great meal with mashed potatoes and salad. I did use real one real egg instead of the substitute and I did not use low fat cheese, just used less cheese. All personal preference.... and thought it was perfect. Thank you for posting and I will be making this again. ZWT3 ZINGO