Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs 30 mins
In 'The Italian Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
Make and share this Sicilian Lentil, Vegetable, and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, with leaves chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 1 c. chopped canned tomatoes)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped (or yellow squash or pattypan squash)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup ditalini (or tubetti or elbows)
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large slow cooker, combine lentils, vegetables, and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Add in pasta and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the cheese.