7 hrs 30 mins
In 'The Italian Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, with leaves chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 1 c. chopped canned tomatoes)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped (or yellow squash or pattypan squash)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup ditalini (or tubetti or elbows)
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1In a large slow cooker, combine lentils, vegetables, and water.
- 2Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- 3Add in pasta and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- 5Serve hot, sprinkled with the cheese.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Lentil, Vegetable, and Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 30.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 23.4 g