Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook7 hrs 30 mins
In 'The Italian Slow Cooker' by Michele Scicolone
Make and share this Sicilian Lentil, Vegetable, and Pasta Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb brown lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large celery rib, with leaves chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 1 c. chopped canned tomatoes)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped (or yellow squash or pattypan squash)
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup ditalini (or tubetti or elbows)
- freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a large slow cooker, combine lentils, vegetables, and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours.
- Add in pasta and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes, or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the cheese.