Seared lemon chicken breasts are complimented with a sweet and tangy sauce and served over angel hair pasta. A garnish of lemon zest, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a basil sprig lends this dish a professional look.
- 177.44 ml golden raisin
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- 29.58 ml chopped black olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml julienned fresh basil
- 453.59 g package angel hair pasta
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (680.38 g) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 59.14 ml shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 sprig fresh basil
- Soak the raisins in warm water until they plump, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, pine nuts, and olives.
- Season with bay leaves, oregano, and cayenne.
- Cook until the onions have softened and begun to turn golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper; cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the raisins, balsamic vinegar, and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, and stir in the julienned basil. Cover and keep warm.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- While the skillet is heating, toss the chicken with the lemon juice to coat (the lemon zest will be used later).
- Cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a warm plate, and allow to rest for about five minutes.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast against the grain into thin slices.
- Divide the pasta into four wide, shallow bowls.
- Fan the chicken slices out over top of the pasta, and spoon the tomato sauce over them.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, and a sprig of basil to garnish.