Prep 4 mins
Cook 11 mins
Puts a whole new twist on your green beans!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cover and microwave frozen green beans and 1/4 cup water in a quart microwave safe container for 11 minutes on high, stirring half way through.
- In another bowl combine mustard, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and pepper.
- When beans are done, drain liquid and then pour mustard mixture over beans, tossing to coat.
Only 4 stars because I think the proportions are off. I did not get consistent flavor from this dish. Some bites were just beans, while others had sauce. I recommend increasing the amount of sauce by half for better coverage of the beans. I made it as directed except that I steamed my beans on the stove.
A very nice change with green beans and very tasty!! Great to have microwave for the veggies when cooking a big dinner, leaves room for other things on the stove and oven. Love the mustardy garlicy taste, we will be doing this one often, it's so quick! Thanks for sharing.
This was definitely a new way to make green beans, but it just wasn't great. I should have known better though. I was really not too crazy about the mustard and red wine vinegar taste. I might not make this again.