Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Aglaia Kremezi. Serve on grilled fish, rabbit, or chicken. 4-day standing time.
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered
- 1 small dried chili, cut in half,lengthwise
- 2⁄3 cup good quality red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons crumbled dried spearmint
- 1 1⁄3 cups fruity extra virgin olive oil
- Drop the garlic into a clean 2-cup bottle.
- Add the chili pepper and pour in the vinegar.
- Add half the mint, cover the bottle, shake well and leave about 24 hours.
- In the beginning, the flavouring will float on the surface of the vinegar, but after a day they will sink to the bottom of the bottle.
- After the flavourings have sunk to the bottom, add the olive oil and the remaining mint.
- Shake well and let stand 3-4 days, shaking once or twice a day, before using.
- This sauce will keep for 2-3 months in a cool, dark place.
- Shake well before using.