1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1473946's Note:
A hearty spicy full bodied chicken noodle soup, perfect for cold nights, or people with colds! This recipe was inspired by Carrabas Mama Mandola's Sicilian Chicken Soup. My friend and I absolutely love it, but we live too far away from a Carrabas to have it more than once a year or so. We tried other "copycat" recipes we found online, but none of them were even close. So through trial and error we created this recipe. Hope you enjoy it and we'd love to hear what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 5 stalks celery, diced (including leafy tops)
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 5 quarts chicken stock (not broth, stock)
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Saute onion, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, and celery in a large soup pot.
- 2Add stock, garlic, tomatoes, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- 3Simmer 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove bay leaves.
- 5Divide soup in half, leave half in the soup pot and puree the other half in a food processor.
- 6Add the pureed soup back to the soup pot and stir. Add shredded chicken and parsley.
- 7Simmer 30 minutes.
- 8While the soup is simmering, boil a pot of water and cook the macaroni according to the directions on the bag. Drain and toss with olive oil until lightly coated.
- 9Ladle soup into individual bowls and add macaroni to taste. Add parmesan cheese to taste and enjoy! (number of servings is approximate).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (953 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 1744.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 48.5 g