Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a simple yet tasty dish, best served over pasta of your choice.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in 3T olive oil; stir in rosemary. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Roll chicken breasts in Romano cheese, then in flour.
- Lightly brown chicken in remaining olive oil.
- Add to casserole dish and top with mushroom mixture.
- Pour crushed tomatoes over top and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
I made about 1 serving for my mother today with a small chicken breast for dinner tonight. This was super simple to make. I cooked it at 375 F for about a little less than 1/2 hour since I did not want to wait too long for dinner lol.
Delicious! An easy dinner that cooks while you prepare the rest of your meal (we had tortellini & broccoli raisin cauliflower salad). I sprinkled the remaining romano on top of the chicken before baking. I also found 45-50 minutes to be sufficient baking time. Thanks for posting!