Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe sounds great. Can't wait to try it and it's all core except the honey (1 point for 1 Tbs).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Season chicken with half the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Sauté chicken 2-3 minutes, until browned on bottom. Turn over and stir in onion and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Cook 2 minutes and stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook 6-8 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout.
I have made this before, but I can't recall where I got the recipe. DH and I both love the sauce this makes. We also boil a couple servings of whole wheat spaghetti to soak up the extra sauce.
Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. We were mixed on this ~ I didn't care for it as I didn't like the cinnamon with it, DD liked it and DH loved it. I would try it again, but would leave the cinnamon out and add more Italian seasoning.