1/2 Photos of Sicilian Calzone
From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking. This savory pizza turnover makes a terrific dinner, just serve with a tossed salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces frozen French bread dough, thawed
- 2 cups chopped spinach, leave blanched, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce, with Italian seasonings
- 1Position the oven rack in the lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 10-inch circle. Cover and let rest while making the filling.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the spinach tomatoes, ricotta, scallions, basil, oregano, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- 4Spoon the mixture over half of the dough circle to within 1/2-inch of the edge.
- 5Fold the dough over the filling to close, crimping the edges to seal.
- 6With a large spatula, transfer the calzone to a baking sheet or to a baking stone in the oven.
- 7Sprinkle the top with the mozzarella.
- 8Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust browns.
- 9Cut in half.
- 10Heat the tomato sauce and serve with the calzone.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Calzone
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 797.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free ricotta cheese