Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love broccoli served this way and this recipe came from a good friend who is a gourmet cook. Hope you like it too if you're a broccoli eater!
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen broccoli stems
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until just crunchy tender.
- Don't overcook.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Put olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, add nuts, olives and lemon juice.
- Heat thoroughly and spoon over broccoli.
I loved this, but you MUST use olive oil as in the recipe and not veg oil
I didn't find this appealing at all. This may have been my own fault though. I didn't have olive oil, so I used vegetable oil. I'm sure that made a difference. I also used italian style bread crumbs. I won't try it again just because it was pretty bad, but like I said, I think the vegetable oil had a lot to do with it!