Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Publix supermarket Aprons flyer. It uses a 14 oz. bag of frozen broccoli. I haven't made this yet but I will probably use fresh cooked broccoli for this because once the broccoli is cooked, you can follow along with the recipe too. Use what you prefer.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 ounce asiago cheese, shredded
- Fill medium saucepan half full of water and cover and bring to boil on high for the broccoli.
- Stir broccoli into the boiling water and boil 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until desired tenderness; drain broccoli thoroughly.
- Return saucepan to the stove; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Place olive oil in pan and swirl to coat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes to brown.
- Stir in broccoli until coated with oil.
- Cook 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli and serve.
Nice way to dress up broccoli. The only change was to use Parmesan instead of Asiago cheese. Served this with Recipe #326485 and garlic toast for a delicious meal.