Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a Publix supermarket Aprons flyer. It uses a 14 oz. bag of frozen broccoli. I haven't made this yet but I will probably use fresh cooked broccoli for this because once the broccoli is cooked, you can follow along with the recipe too. Use what you prefer.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 ounce asiago cheese, shredded
- Fill medium saucepan half full of water and cover and bring to boil on high for the broccoli.
- Stir broccoli into the boiling water and boil 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until desired tenderness; drain broccoli thoroughly.
- Return saucepan to the stove; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Place olive oil in pan and swirl to coat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook 2-3 minutes to brown.
- Stir in broccoli until coated with oil.
- Cook 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until flavors are well blended.
- Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle the cheese over the broccoli and serve.
Nice way to dress up broccoli. The only change was to use Parmesan instead of Asiago cheese. Served this with Puttanesca Sauce and garlic toast for a delicious meal.