Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Impressive dish w/incredible flavor. You may use beef cube steaks but I use pre-cut stir-fry meat and serve over pasta. (Recipes courtesy of chefs.com)
- 4 (4 ounce) beef cube steaks (or use pre-cut stir-fry meat)
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 3⁄4 cups recipe-ready crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Season meat with half the Italian herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté meat 2-3 minutes, until browned on bottom. [I also drain the meat].
- Turn over and stir in onion and remaining Italian seasoning. Cook 2 minutes and stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook 6-8 minutes, until meat is cooked throughout. [I simmer for 10-15 minutes].
I just didn't like the cut of meat I picked. I'll try something different next time.