Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
An old italian showed me this, don't know if it's true sicilian, but it sure is easy and good if you like anchovies. This is how he cooked it, I love this version just as it is.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans anchovies packed in oil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb pasta
- I dont remember how big the anchovy cans are, but they are those little oblong cans twith the fillets in olive oil.
- Cook pasta, open the anchovy cans and use the olive oil in them to coat the pasta so it doesnt stick together. set aside.
- Add more olive oil to a skillet, enough to coat all the pasta well later on. (Not much since it is already coated).
- Saute the garlic and onions in the olive oil.
- Add the chopped ahchovies and a good bit of pepper. (a lot of black pepper is good in this).
- Pour the mixture over pasta and mix well to coat all the pasta, serve as it is with no cheese or other toppings.
- **If you add fresh chopped basil and a touch of lemon juice, it completely changes the dish. I like both of them.**.
Yum! All the strong flavors I like and easy to make! Thanks for the recipe.