Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sichuan style green beans
- 1 . set 1 tsp rawspicebar's szechuan peppercorns
- 2 . set 3 tbsp vegetable canola oil
- 4 . set 4 garlic cloves
- 5 . set 1 inch ginger, minced
- 6 . set 3 scallions, sliced
- 7 . set 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 8 set kosher salt & pepper
- 9 . set 2 tsp sugar
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil and half of RawSpiceBar's Sichuan Peppercorns over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, chili sauce, ginger and scallions and cook, stirring, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Adjust rack to as close as possible to broiler and preheat broiler to high. In a large bowl, toss green beans with 1 tbsp oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil until beans are blistered and very lightly charred, 3-5 minutes. Return beans to bowl.
- Transfer Sichuan peppercorn mixture to bowl with beans. Add sugar and remaining Sichuan peppercorns (crushed). Toss to coat and add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Serve immediately.