Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe creates hand to mouth goodness. Definitely good with beer or cocktails.
- 1⁄2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground szechuan peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin and sunflower seeds with the olive oil, garlic, Sichuan pepper, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Spread the seeds and smashed garlic mixture out on a single layer on a sheet pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes then remove the sheet tray from the oven to give the seeds a good stir. Place back in the oven to roast for another 10 to 20 minutes, until golden brown on top. Keep an eye on the sunflower seeds to gauge doneness. They will turn golden faster than the pumpkin seeds.
- Remove from the oven. Toss on the pan with the granulated sugar. Allow the seeds to cool for 5 to 10 minutes on the pan before transferring to a dish to serve.