Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my grandmother's recipe box and the clipping said that it was from a restaurant on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong.
- 907.18 g chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into cubes
- 4.92 ml chili oil
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml vinegar
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml scallion, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground sichuan peppercorn
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, chopped
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2 (453.59 g) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 680.38 g mixed salad greens
- Mix all the seasonings together until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the chicken and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours or even overnight in the refridgerator.
- When ready to serve, add salad greens and mandarin oranges that have been chilled and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately on chilled plates.
An unusual and quite delicious salad! I used fresh orange segments and honey instead of sugar, but was otherwise faithful to the recipe. A lovely sweet/sour/salt/bitter mix!